( www.hairweftingtapeforum.com )
Hello and Welcome - Please feel free to join and ask any questions, We are more than happy to help!

SAVED MY OWN HAIR BEFORE CHEMO AND MADE MY OWN WEFTED HAIR CAP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SAVED MY OWN HAIR BEFORE CHEMO AND MADE MY OWN WEFTED HAIR CAP

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com on Wed 02 Dec 2015, 12:43 am

THIS IS A LOVELY LADY NAMED NANETTE WHO WAS SO HAPPY TO SHARE HOW SHE SAVED HER HAIR TO WEAR AFTER CHEMO.
THIS IS HER TELLING YOU HOW SHE DID IT..We just put it together for her here to help others.
IF anyone has any ideas that can help please feel free to post as we all just want the best for everyone here!
Nanettes email to me.

I'll photograph every step from this point on and send them to you. I don't mind my face being shown when you post them. (But I WON'T send one of me bald!!!! haha!!!)
I've wanted to share with you my do-it-yourself photos of how I made my big, thick weft using my salvaged hair. The photos have names that explain what step in the process each one is. It's been a great success. No one who knows me would ever know that I'm bald underneath unless I tell them about the cancer. I'm just Nanette with a hat on. I also bought a wig (there's a photo of that at the end), but haven't worn it yet. I probably will start to in order to not overuse the weft. I want to keep it in good shape. I'm able to carefully brush it out each time I wear it, since it tends to get a few snarls in the underneath layer right at the back of my head, but I NEVER find hairs in the brush. NO hairs EVER pull out. The combo of the glue and tape are VERY secure!! Feel free to share these photos with others so they can see what my methods were. The 3 layers of the weft are quite thick, but since it's all hidden under the hat, it doesn't matter.

Thank you, Colette, for such a lovely reply!! I really appreciate all your kind words. I'm glad you like the weft and the photos. Hope they do inspire others to do what I did with my hair.
Photo before

Photo after

I pre tipped my hair because I felt it would hold better and I could always save it that way, but really you can just make a weft like they show: below
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also try the BRAND NEW SINGLE SIDE TAPE STRIPS TO cover both sides if you like as they didn't have them when I made these wefts last year.
You can always try some thin velcro tape on the single side then that way you can adde it to what ever you like once its all put together.

Now I just pressed my weft that is made with the double sided wefting tape to my ribbon.

Finished and incased in the black ribbon.

I added my wefted ribbon to my cap by pinning it to the cap

Here are my hats I love to wear!

And when I don't feel like wearing my hats I just wear my wig of choice.

http://hairweftingtape.com/

Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

View user profile http://hairweftingtape.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top